To promote and support young researchers operating in the CIP framework, CIPRNet has established a grant for the best young researchers’ papers in Critical Infrastructure Protection. The award was granted during the annual CRITIS conferences in 2014 and 2015 and will also be granted at CRITIS 2016.
Young scientists or junior experts less than 32 years old by 10 May 2016 may apply for the CIPRNet Young CRITIS Award. We explicitly invite early stage experts and researchers form universities, research organisations and industry to apply. In general, a mature piece of work is expected such as a PhD thesis in final or near final status, as well as outstanding works from young industry or research organisations researchers.
Note: An eligible CYCA candidate is allowed to submit more than one papers for the CYCA Award. Each paper will be evaluated independently.
Three CYCA applicants will be selected to present their work at CRITIS 2016 in Paris in the CYCA Award Session. It is mandatory that the selected applicants attend the conference and present their contribution.
The ranking of up to three winners (depending on the number of applications and the paper quality) will be done at the conference itself, and the awards will be presented to the winners at a closing ceremony.
The total available award money is 2.500 Euro. In addition, limited travel funding opportunities are possible under conditions (please contact the organiser for details and conditions).
The evaluation procedure is as follows:
- Three experts will review the CYCA contributions, applying the same evaluation criteria as for the other CRITIS submissions.
- The up to five best accepted contributions of CYCA applicants are forwarded to the CYCA evaluation committee for further selection.
- The CYCA evaluation committee selects up to three finalists for the CYCA award session.
- The up to three finalists present their contributions during the CYCA award session. The applicants not selected will present their contributions during the regular programme in other sessions.
- The final ranking of the finalists takes place after their presentations.
- The awards will be bestowed during a closing ceremony.
Note: If you get a positive evaluation, but you are not selected for CYCA Award, your paper will be presented at the conference in the regular slots as all other papers. Therefore, you can only win by applying for CYCA.
The Evaluation Committee consists of the Award Committee and Experts from the CRITIS Steering Committee according to the needs and the number of submitted papers. The Chair of the CYCA Evaluation Committee is Prof. Bernhard M. Hämmerli.
Submit your contribution via the EasyChair conference system of CRITIS 2016 and inform Prof. Bernhard M. Hämmerli that your contribution is an application for CYCA. The submitted paper must be formatted using the template offered by Springer LNCS and be compliant with Springer’s guidelines for authors.